Community Engagement Manager
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Community Engagement Manager on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Stakeholder and Advocacy Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing both the Community Liaison and Community Outreach AND engagement Programmes across a variety of renewable energy infrastructure projects (i.e. wind farms, battery storage, solar farms and hydrogen projects) and at various stages of development and operation. . They will manage all external project-related communications across Renewable Energy’s Project Portfolio, including large scale strategic infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the Communications strategy for all projects as required. The Community Engagement Manager will be responsible for understanding and ensuring compliance with statutory obligations regarding communications on infrastructure development and will work closely with other teams across the Stakeholder and Advocacy team, Planning Team, Commercial Team, Construction Team, Operations Team and Bord na Móna public affairs team and any third party consultants/contractors engaged on Projects to ensure alignment of all Projects communications. The Community Engagement Manager will be responsible for the development, management and implementation of pre-planning, construction and operational communications and engagement plans for large scale capital projects.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Develop and implement (i.e., arrange, manage and coordinate) successful community engagement activities to maximise the impact of Renewable Energy’s outputs. Create, maintain, implement, and monitor a portfolio wide Public Relations Strategy and Plan for Projects, liaising with various teams across the Business unit and wider company to tailor approaches as required. Manage the development and facilitation of meaningful public consultations and community engagement on infrastructure development, ensuring transparency, efficiency, and public involvement in large-scale infrastructure developments from pre-planning through to operational. Develop and manage individual communications strategies, processes, and materials for each stage of a project: pre-planning, planning, pre-construction, construction, and operational phases;
- Manage the Community Liaison Programme on individual projects to ensure Communications and Engagement Plans on Projects are effectively delivered. Providing guidance to the Community Liaison Resources and direct their workload activities to ensure timescales and requirements are met. Interact with the digital team on individual projects to ensure Communications and Engagement Plans on Projects are effectively delivered. Analyse communications risks and issues as appropriate and work closely with Project Managers to effectively manage risks. Actively seek ways to deliver greater efficiency, effectiveness, and innovation across the channels. Attend and present at relevant community engagement events as required. Develop project specific information materials, presentations and displays in partnership with the wider Stakeholder and Advocacy Team;
- Liaise with various internal stakeholders within Bord na Móna group as well as external stakeholders manage the day-to-day Project Communication issues for and on behalf of Renewable Energy Projects. Develop and continually maintain awareness of all statutory obligations regarding Communications on infrastructure development and provide definitive advice to all relevant stakeholders. Agree proactive and reactive media approach to all projects with Bord na Móna public relations team and work closely with them to respond to media queries;
- Act as brand champion and expert while ensuring brand integrity in all respects across all public relations material developed. Manage the Brand awareness and promotional opportunities from both our CSR and Community Benefit Funds associated with Powergen’s Operational portfolio including the company’s Community Gain Schemes and Near Neighbour Schemes as well as similar schemes associated with joint venture projects. Manage the development and implementation of the PR campaign for Community Benefit Funds under the new Renewable Energy Support Scheme and support meaningful community engagement on the implementation of such Schemes across the development Portfolio;
- Development of the annual brand strategy & activation plan for Renewable Energy portfolio in collaboration with various teams across the unit and corporate public affairs team. Manage sponsorship opportunities and associated branding at industry conferences and event. Manage any JV branding material to ensure compliance with project specific brand guidelines. Manage Video Production and Photography across the team for various campaigns, events and activities. Track and analyse brand performance and trends in terms of in market performance and operational KPIs. Collaborate with wider Renewable Energy Team to ensure brand consistency through the line. Represent the company and provide support as needed at various trade shows and conventions;
- Lead and manage all internal communication material on behalf of Projects for internal communication channels. Oversee brand management and guidelines, and deliver high-quality communications collateral, Partake in Industry Forums and key industry events as required;
- The successful candidate should have strong organisational, interpersonal and people management skills and be flexible in terms of availability for community engagement outside of normal hours;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Level 8 Honours Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related discipline essential. PRII Diploma in Public Relations desirable;
- 5 years + of experience and proven track record in a prior customer-facing position;
- Strong relationship and reputational management experience;
- Self-starter and flexible in terms of availability for community engagement outside of normal hours;
- Competent with common Microsoft Office software packages;
- Significant experience of managing engagement with communities on major high profile-infrastructure or renewable energy projects is desirable;
- High standards of media skills, verbal & written communication skills;
- Understanding of community engagement and consultation practice and approaches;
- General brand management experience;
- Background in project management and knowledge of the planning system and/or energy policy; Strong people management skills;
- High degree of accuracy in executing work; Ability to schedule work and deliver to tight deadlines; Strong Analytical Skill and Planning Abilities.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.