RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Depot Manager. The role will be based in BNM Recycling Rosslare and will report to the Service Delivery Manager. The purpose of this role is to manage the workflow, scheduling, and day to day operation of the depot. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a Bord na Mona Recycling depot, including waste collection activities, waste transfer and processing activities either at for serviced from the depot. Working with the wider operations team and support functions within Bord na Mona Recycling, this role will ensure that financial, operational efficiency and productivity, fleet, cost control, safety, and environmental compliance targets are achieved for the respective depot.
Job Title: Depot Manager
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Service Delivery Manager
Location: BNM Recycling Rosslare
HR Contact: Teodora Nechita
Apply on or before: 30th of June 2023
Eligibility: Internal/External Candidates
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
· Management of a team of planners, administrators, drivers and operatives. Ensuring best in class daily service delivery to customers, domestic and commercial that meet the minimum KPI standards as set out and agreed with the Service Delivery Manager.
· Responsible for delivering required operating financials for the waste collection area serviced, including the management of all costs in line with budget and BNM Recycling procedures. Ensure all cost and overhead lines in your depot P&L are managed in line with budgeted expectations and liaise with the BNM Recycling sales and commercial team issues regarding potential service issues and/or volume shortfalls for the depot.
· Ownership of key controls at the depot. Including cost controls, operational H&S controls, revenue protection, compliance, payroll, and overtime working time directive. Completion of weekly and monthly critical operational control checklists.
· Communicate effectively with your team and with other stakeholders such as the customer service department, team senior management, customers and suppliers. Develop a ‘can do’ , first time fix, problem solving culture, resolving operational issues as they arise quickly and efficiently.
· In conjunction with the HR team establish a team at your depot that are fully trained and motivated in their roles, are effectively performance managed and are allowed the support to develop in their respective roles within company. Forecasting future requirements in the depot as well as working quickly and efficiently to recruit and fill any vacancies as they arise
· You will have responsibility for resource management and planning at the depot. Working with the Transport and Fleet Manager to ensure you have a fleet at your depot that is fit for your current requirements whilst forecasting for your future needs. Your container report should be updated and monitored on an ongoing basis to ensure you are extracting maximum benefit from the non-fleet assets at your depot.
· With the support of the Operations Manager and compliance team you will ensure that the depot operates within the terms of its licence or permit. You will facilitate audits from external regulators such as the EPA, local authorities, HSA, NSAI etc and ensure that all actions arising are closed out in a timely manner.
· Working closely with the H&S Manager you will create and embed a safe working environment at the depot. Ensuring all staff and contractors have the appropriate level of training and equipment to carry out their roles in a safe manner. Ensure the waste collection fleet within your depot is adequately maintained and serviced. You will lead by example and set the standard for safety at your depot.
· Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in running a similar scale depot / operations function.
· Experience in the waste management and recycling industry preferred.
· Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills and negotiation skills.
· Ability to plan effectively and contribute to strategy development.
· Excellent IT skills.
· Effective interpersonal skills (verbal and written) to communicate with peers and management team.
· Manual Handling training desirable.
· Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
· Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.