RCV Driver x 2
RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for an RCV Driver on a permanent basis. The role will be based in BNM Recycling Lusk and will report to the Transport Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving and operating hook and chain trucks collecting skips from AES customers as required. Also includes from time to time the collection of wheelie bin waste from AES customers, through driving an RCV (refuse collection vehicle) with helpers emptying bins on designated routes.
Job Title: RCV Driver
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Transport Manager
Location: BNM Recycling Lusk
HR Contact: Cora Kinnarney
Apply on or before: 14th October 2022
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• The collection of various waste streams from multiple customer locations across the route network.
• Responsible for operatives while on RCV runs, ensuring work is completed in a safe and professional manner – wheelie bins emptied using good work practices and manual handling techniques, and returned to a safe position / Location in line with AES guidelines on bin positioning.
• Complete route sheets as well as vehicle safety checks on a daily basis. Comply with all company policies and initiatives to ensure safe operation and efficient operation of company vehicles (i.e. fuel efficiency).
• Maintain all allocated company vehicles and property in a safe, clean, and roadworthy condition to ensure the maximum safety of the drivers, occupants, and other road users, and to reduce the potential impacts of company vehicles on the environment.
• Relevant paperwork / debriefs to be completed on a daily basis. Includes using digital dockets as required by company policy.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
• Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 2 years Transport/Waste Industry experience
• Applicants will possess all relevant cards, CPC and licenses
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.