Driver x 2
RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for Driver x2 on a permanent basis. The role will be based in BNM Recycling Rosslare and will report to the Depot Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for Driving Roles within the Business Unit, RCV, Skip, Hook Loader, Curtain Sider Lorry
Job Title: Driver x 2
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Depot Manager
Location: BNM Recycling Rosslare
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 14th October 2022
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Driver Will ensure that he has a full clean license to drive all Vehicles mentioned above. That CPC courses are in date and Tacho Card is in date. Clocking in and Out will be a requirement each day.
• Driver on RCV Routes for Waste Recycling Compost Glass will complete the wheelie bin collections assigned to daily with due care and diligence. Complete Paperwork given to the Driver from the Office and hand back in daily.
• Driver will be punctual in terms of route start time & place. Any Issues arising, Driver contacts Lead Driver in the Out Of Office Hours. Driver is in control of the Vehicle taken out on the road and therefore is required to do checks on lorries via Cameramatics each day. Report any difficulties encountered with others to the Depot manager.
• All Employees are expected to wear PPE & Bump Caps at all times when on the lorry or in the yard. All Employees are to ensure they are inducted on Go Contractor by BNM before entering the site.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
• Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 2 years Transport/Waste Industry experience
• Applicants will possess all relevant cards, CPC and licenses
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.