Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a HR Generalist on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the HR Business Partner. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day-to-day operational human resources support to the Renewable Energy team across all facets of human resources delivering best in class processes and practices to ensure successful execution of the business strategy and objectives.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Provide a professional and credible HR service to the Renewable Energy Business Unit. Ensure efficient and effective HR operational services. Act as a key contact providing HR advice to Line Managers and employees throughout all stages of the employee life cycle, ensuring advice is legally compliant and in line with company policy & procedure;
- Management of full recruitment cycle from advertising, screening, interviewing. Co-ordinate onboarding & offboarding including induction, exit interviews, etc. Provide HR advisory service on disciplinary, grievance, employee relations issues. Enhance employee experience through HR initiatives that drive sustainable engagement and well-being in the workplace;
- Prepare the weekly and monthly payroll files. Maintain absence management system and report on HR metrics;
- Maintain and update Oracle to ensure employee data is up to date and that information is available to support business planning and decision making;
- Support the HR Business Partner with annual activities as they arise including annual salary review;
- Ensure smooth operational practices for all HR initiatives and services by proactively resolving HR issues, thus accelerating the execution of the business strategy and objectives. Partner with the business management team in the roll out of HR and People projects, as required, in support of the development of the business;
- Support the implementation of Company-wide people initiatives within the business through communication, coaching and effective guidance of supervisors and line managers;
- Co-ordinate the annual performance management process to include line manager coaching, performance improvement and continuous development. Advise and mentor line management in the effective operation of the performance management process and contribute to the identification of appropriate development and skills training programmes;
- Co-ordinate learning and development activities across the Business Unit including identifying and proposing training to develop employee skills. Co-ordinate team communication events. Drive organisational and cultural change through effective use of organisational design and change management strategies and tools in conjunction with the HR Business Partner;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Hons Degree in HR, Business Studies or other related discipline is essential;
- Minimum 3 years significant experience;
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, coaching and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with all stakeholders. Strong working knowledge of employment law is required. Self-motivated & resilient with the capacity to work under pressure. Attention to detail.
Visit https://www.bordnamona.ie/careers/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.