Machine Operator Navan
RECYCLING Open to Public competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Machine Operator on a full-time permanent basis. The role will be based in Bord na Mona Recycling Navan and will report to the Yard Supervisor. The main purpose of the job will involve the operation of plant and machinery within the yard and waste transfer building.
Job Title: Machine Operator Navan
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Yard Supervisor
Location: Bord na Mona Recycling Navan
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 30th November 2023
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Operating a 360 excavator with grab or wheeled loading shovel as required
• Sorting and loading of various waste streams.
• Responsible for the removal of unacceptable waste items.
• Assist with other yard duties as specified by the yard supervisor. This could include housekeeping, operation of yard sweeper, forklift or other adhoc duties in the yard.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 1-2 years Transport/Waste Industry experience
• Ticket for 360 excavator and loading shovel.
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Must be eligible to work in Ireland.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.