BNM RECYCLING Open to public competition
Our BNM Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Machine Operative on a permanent contract. The role will be based in Tullamore and reporting to the MRF Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of plant and machinery within the yard.
Job Title: Machine Operative
Business Unit: BNM Recycling
Reporting to: MRF Supervisor
HR Contact: Cora Kinnarney
Apply on or before: 31st August 2022
Eligibility: Open to public competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Operation of a 20-tonne track machine, loading shovel, skid steer, sweeper, and fixed plant as directed by the yard foreman.
• Shunting of trailers and skip containers in the yard.
• Grading and sorting of waste streams as received to achieve maximum recovery levels. Assist site mechanic with preventative maintenance of plant and machinery. Assist yard foreman with traffic control and carry out banksman duties also.
• Show courtesy to all customers and members of the public at all times as well as work colleagues. Report any difficulties encountered with others to the line manager.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Waste Management/Transport experience
• FAS Safe Pass
• Manual Handling experience
• Must be flexible to work across other areas, as required
• Eligibility to work in Ireland is required
• Proficiency in the English language required
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered, simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.