RECYCLING Open to Public competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for an Operations Supervisor on a permanent basis. The role will be based in BNM Recycling Nenagh and will report to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising operations associated with transfer shed, yard, civic amenity and loads despatch to improve yard operations efficiency while meeting all health and safety and environmental requirements.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: BNM Recycling Nenagh
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 28th of February 2023
Eligibility: Public competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Supervision of yard/shed operatives. Scheduling of work rotas to ensure that logistics, operational and annual leave needs are met.
• To drive loading shovel and diggers (4 on site) as well as acting as supervisor for forklift and road sweeping activities.
• Management of traffic entering the civic amenity area and the waste tipping shed. Direct incoming waste to the correct tipping areas.
• Ensuring that yard operations and waste processing are managed in a manner which reduces processing costs and meets EPA requirements.
• Ensuring that all team members receive health & safety training and that health & safety requirements are met at all times.
• Participate in weekly meetings and report daily KPI figures including average trailer weights and incoming materials by type.
• Be fully engaged in and contribute to cost saving initiatives and projects at the site.
• Ensuring that all waste streams are processed and managed through correct process to maximise landfill diversion.
• Ensuring that the yard is clean and tidy at all times.
• Reporting on incoming waste and related supporting documentation, e.g. photos and feedback.
• Ensuring that the civic amenity area bins area emptied regularly and that the area is safe.
• Enforcing PPE requirements across the site amongst staff and public taking a zero tolerance approach.
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 2 years experience in similar role in the Waste Management / Logistics / Customer Service Industry.
• Effective interpersonal skills (verbal and written) to communicate with peers and management team.
• Good IT proficiency with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.