Planning Program ManagerOur Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Planning Program Manager on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Planning & Advocacy Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of planning and consenting strategy and manage a programme of environmental assessments and planning processes for Renewable Energy infrastructure projects and other Bord na Mona projects where required
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Determine the Renewable Energy (RE) Strategy to Planning Consenting and Compliance issues by keeping abreast of planning outcomes, changes in legislation, policy decisions and national and local authority development plans to maximise the potential opportunities and outcomes for the company. Lead the assessment with respect to planning and environmental assessment for new Renewable Energy development projects. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to represent the wider Bord na Mona interests in the areas of planning and environmental compliance;
- Lead the development and implementation of protocols for effective engagement with key stakeholders, including all relevant statutory and non-statutory consultees relevant to the planning processes of Renewable Energy projects. Develop in conjunction with the Key Stakeholder and Communications Managers an effective approach to the management of communications and consultation with local communities around proposed Bord na Mona development sites;
- Preparation and management of the budget for the programme of planning projects and baseline environmental studies agreed with the Renewable Energy Development Management Team. Establishment of appropriate cross functional project teams to manage the delivery of planning decisions for RE Development projects;
- Participate in the assessment of third party M&A opportunities under consideration by the RE business unit, with a particular responsibility for advising on the assessment and/or due diligence of any planning permissions, planning processes and environmental issues associated with the project(s).Ensure that the procurement of third party services for projects under the planning and environmental remit are carried out in compliance with company procurement guidelines, and monitor and evaluate the performance of principle consultants with respect to their use on future projects;
- The successful candidate should have strong people interaction and relationship building skills across multiple functions within and outside the organisation. Excellent attention to detail. Excellent organisational and time-management skills. Strong communication, research, presentation, and creative skills. Must be creative and be able to think outside the box;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises and understand and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any design undertaken ensuring safety of employee’s and members of the public during construction, testing and commissioning;
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Hons Degree (Lvl 8 FETAC) in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent; Post Graduate (Lvl 9 FETAC) qualification in a relevant discipline, (e.g. Environmental Science, Engineering, Planning Law) would be an advantage for this role;
- Significant experience in leading programs and/or projects in planning applications and environmental licencing with particular emphasis on Power Generation and related infrastructure;
- Significant technical expertise in the areas of the infrastructure planning process and environmental assessment and licencing. In depth knowledge of relevant legislation and policy in these areas; Programme management across a range of projects with differing priorities, risk profiles and timelines;
- Development and line management of a team of technical professionals across a range of diverse but relevant technical backgrounds.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/ for more information
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.