Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Project Engineer on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to Senior Project Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and project management expertise to the identification and development of renewable energy projects and to assist in the development of new commercial opportunities for the Renewable Energy business unit.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Provide technical and project management expertise to the identification and development of Renewable Energy projects to maximise returns on proposed capital investment projects. Appraise the commercial opportunities for new technologies and new market arrangements, with particular emphasis in the shorter term, on the potential for developments in Energy Parks, and emerging opportunities in support of the Energy Park concept from both existing operating assets and for future renewable energy assets;
- Co-ordinate the early stage project development activities in specific projects in the Renewable Energy pipeline, including technology assessment, site selection, procurement of planning and other specialist consultants, participation in public information and consultation processes and other development activities. Assist in preparation and review of robust business case and financial model for the project;
- Provide support for technical and commercial issues arising from key infrastructure connections for Energy Park projects, including, but not limited to, dealing with connection applications, connection modifications, provision of technical data for connection offer processing, keeping up to date and disseminating changes to Connection Policy and the Connection Application Process which are relevant to Renewable Energy Projects);
- Liaise and co-ordinate key stakeholders, within the Renewable Energy team and across the Bord na Móna Group and external service providers, to deliver all required planning, licencing, and permit approvals. Ensure preliminary and any detailed design work, required for approvals process, complies with applicable design standards, health and safety regulations, environmental policies and all other applicable polices and statutory requirements;
- Ensure liaison with all key external stakeholders as appropriate to aid the delivery of various licences and permits. Ensure a proactive approach to managing community engagement in line with Bord na Mona policy is pursued on projects under management;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises. Understand and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any design undertaken ensuring safety of employee’s and members of the public during construction, testing and commissioning
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- NFQ Level 8 Engineering Degree or equivalent in related technical/scientific discipline;
- 3 years relevant industry experience.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.