Regulatory & Commercial Legal Executive / NQ Solicitor
(Open to public competition)
Bord na Móna currently has a need for a Regulatory/Commercial Legal Executive / NQ Solicitor on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Legal Manager (Lean Centre). The role will support the Company Secretary and Legal Services Manager in the provision of legal, regulatory and compliance services to the Bord na Móna Group.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Work with the Company Secretary and the Lean Centre Legal Services Manager to manage regulatory compliance on behalf of the Bord na Móna Group in the areas of Access to Information on the Environment Regulations, the Lobbying Act, anti-money laundering legislation, the General Data Protection Regulations, Standards in Public Office legslation and other relevant legislation. Draft appropriate policies and provide training sessions to Bord na Móna personnel on a range of regulatory matters. Assist in the reporting to BNM Group company Boards on applicable regulation and legislation, and on the extent of their compliance with regulation and legislation.
- Assist the Company Secretary in maintaining the Group’s company secretarial files and work closely with the Company Secretary, the Finance team and the Business Units to assist with the preparation and management of subsidiary board meetings. Attend Board meetings as required and assist the Company Secretary in scheduling and management of board meetings. Provide administrative support to the Company Secretary on general queries and annual compliance reviews.
- Work in association with the Company Secretary and General Counsel on corporate governance matters and compliance matters for the Bord na Móna group. Provide administration support to the Company Secretary and General Counsel as required, such as filing, scanning, organising execution of legal documents, administration / management of the case management system.
- Actively advise in the negotiation of key commercial contracts and transactions. Draft and review commercial agreements and liaise with external counsel on specialist matters where required.
- Provide support to the Company Secretary on parliamentary questions and other communications from Government Departments, including co-ordinating official replies and liaising with staff of the relevant Departments. Coordinate billing from legal firms, review & verify draft invoices, provide POs and request payment.
- Work closely with the General Counsel and members of the Group legal team to ensure common BnM Legal policies, programmes and initiatives are implemented consistently within the Lean Centre. Coordinate the programme of internal training. Collaborate and communicate effectively with Legal colleagues in other Business Units’s to share information and ensure consistency of approach on Legal related matters.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Newly qualified Solicitor or experienced Legal Executive/Paralegal with significant commercial or company secretarial experience . With an ability to understand and interpret regulatory requirements.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and external stakeholders at all business levels.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills including ability to deliver information in a clear and concise manner. Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 30th September 2022.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.