Senior Project Manager
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Senior Project Manager on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Programme Manager. The Programme Team sit in Renewable Energy Development and lead consented projects through the commercialisation phase of development. We work with our Renewable Energy colleagues to procure key construction contracts, secure long-term revenue offtake agreements and project financing, finalise consents in preparation for construction and obtain final investment approval. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading large-scale renewable energy infrastructure projects through the commercial phase of development.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Generate project delivery strategies appropriate to best ensure successful project outcomes. Develop and implement detailed project management plans to ensure projects are run in accordance with best practice (e.g. PMI) in project management and governance;
- Analyse and appraise overall project risk profiles and provide regular updates so as shareholders are provided with accurate information in which to make their decisions. Prepare all documentation required to obtain investment approvals;
- Execute agreed project management plans to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and within the scopes and budgets set. Co-ordinate the interaction of and dependencies between various work packages and manage the interfaces between external contractors to improve overall project delivery;
- Lead the procurement of all goods and services required by the project in accordance with company policy and Irish and EU legislative requirements. Actively engage with key suppliers to negotiate main project contracts (e.g. CBoP, EBoP, OE) on favourable commercial terms which are in line with marketplace norms. Administer key project contracts in accordance the contract terms;
- Ensure robust project financial models are prepared, supported by specialist technical and commercial inputs so that these can be audited to the level of scrutiny required by external investors. Engage with and manage the interface with investor’s technical and commercial due diligence advisers to provide all required data;
- Guide and motivate a cross functional team to deliver the project objectives while also supporting the delivery of the overall business goals. Ensure liaison with all key external stakeholders as appropriate to aid the delivery of various licences and permits;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Honours Degree in Technical/Financial discipline (NFQ 8), recognised Project Management qualification an advantage;
- 10 years at Project Manager or equivalent level;
- Excellent project management technical and leadership skills are essential for this role; Good knowledge of the power generation sector and emerging technologies;
- Experience in the management and delivery of multi-million-euro infrastructure projects; Competent contract negotiation and financial management skills are essential for this role; Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.