Senior Internal Auditor
LEAN CENTRE Open to Public Competition
Bord na Móna currently has a need for a Senior Internal Auditor on a Permanent Contract. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Head of Internal Audit. This role is responsible for planning, executing and completing reviews of financial and operational processes throughout Bord na Mona Group.
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Business Unit: Lean
Reporting to: Head of
Duration: Permanent Contract
HR Contact: Aoife
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and
responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- The role requires an individual to maintain knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Internal Audit function’s methodology and processes;
- Undertake operational and financial internal control and compliance reviews evaluating the adequacy of the control environment in terms of design and operating effectiveness managing the end-to-end process from planning to completion:
- Actively develop and maintain positive relationships with senior managers and staff to enhance the reputation of the Internal Audit function.
- Encouraging the practice of
strong internal controls across the Group;
- Completion of the assigned audit plan in accordance with defined audit methodology, quality standards and deadlines;
- Drafting and finalisation of professional quality internal audit reports.
- Suggesting beneficial changes to audit methodologies and procedures and liaising with subject matter experts as part the co-sourced Internal Audit delivery mode.
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
The ideal candidate will
possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Ideally hold an accountancy and Internal Audit qualification or be able to demonstrate a robust knowledge of Internal Audit Standards and best practices.
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience of working with an internal audit function
- A highly-motivated
self-starter with the following attributes and skills:
Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) at
the highest professional level.
Assertive, confident, and ability to influence
with utilities, waste industry and IT audit related issues is an advantage.
o Strong process, technical and analytical skills, combined
with strong commercial acumen. Excellent attention to detail and a team
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert
Bord na Móna is an equal