BNM RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our BNM Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Transport Planner on a full-time permanent basis. The role will be based in Lusk and reporting to the Transport Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out site transport and logistics administration duties in a professional, efficient, and timely manner.
Job Title: Transport Planner
Business Unit: BNM Recycling
Reporting to: Transport Manager
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 30th November 2022
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Plan and schedule work for the skip trucks and hook loaders working from the Lusk depot. Brief the drivers on work to be completed and schedule on Elemos and send to driver’s handheld for completion. Liase with customers and the customer service department to resolve any issues arising. Complete daily debrief with drivers following each shift and resolve any issues that arise.
• Plan and schedule routes for cardboard and tyre collection vehicles ensuring work is planned in a way that maximises vehicle capacity. Liase with customers and sub-contractors to ensure service is delivered to best standard
• Complete job confirmations for all transactions tipped at 3rd party sites. Clear down the unconfirmed jobs and routes report weekly and have all transactions recorded accurately for month end invoicing. Responsibility to clear down the site comms list containing all open queries so that customer invoices are not left on hold under query
• Completion of transport statistic reports as required by the Dept of Transport. Completing activity and disposal reports as requested by the Transport Manager and Area Manager. Deputising for the transport manager in his/her absence
• Other operational administration and support as required.
• Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role desirable
• Good IT Skills
• Must be flexible to work across other areas, as required
• Eligibility to work in Ireland is required
• Proficiency in the English language required
• Experience in a waste management or logistics environment a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered, simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.