Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Wind Analyst. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Resource Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and delivering wind resource and GIS analysis, and information for PowerGen’s portfolio of existing and developing wind energy projects.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Support ongoing program of resource assessment, work with team lead to manage site constraints, engage with internal/external stakeholders as required at a project level. Complete: GIS mapping, wind farm layout designs, energy yield assessments, and project optimisation to overcome constraints identified for projects in the planning phase of development;
- Provide GIS mapping, including online interactive maps, to meet internal and external requirements;
- Produce GIS mapping as required by the renewable energy development teams (planning, construction, grid, etc.) to facilitate understanding of constraints for wind farm, solar farm, and other renewable energy projects;
- Contribute to various wind farm studies including telecommunications, noise, shadow flicker and visual impact assessments to aid development of and operation of projects;
- Agree and implement appropriate GIS standards for external consultant provided data;
- Provide GIS technical lead to the development team, lead GIS mapping in project selection and project development stage, including provision of training to other team members in use of GIS;
- Assist with the field deployment and monitoring of remote sensing installations for resource assessment measurements for the project pipeline, including wind (mast and LiDAR) and solar measurement;
- Checking, management, and analysis of recorded data as required across the project portfolio including initial project energy yield estimates;
- Complete site suitability studies to characterise sites and develop project layout options, including working with external consultants to validate and modify as necessary;
- Provide technical support for the due diligence of Bord na Mona investments in renewable energy projects, including review of consultant reports, and specification of third-party analysis;
- Prepare and/or review scope of work for third party services for project resource assessment and fully participate in the various stages of associated procurement processes. Support the monitoring and evaluation of the performance of principle consultants with respect to their use on future projects. Ensure that all works carried out under your remit comply with Bord na Mona’s Health & Safety and Environmental policies and all relevant EU and National policies and statutory requirements;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s, objectives;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public as part of this role.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Have HETAC Level 8 qualification in engineering or relevant discipline for GIS;
- Level 9 Masters degree qualification in relevant discipline;
- Strong analytical and IT skills;
- Knowledge and experience of using GIS and specialist wind farm design software an advantage;
- Ability to balance attention to detail with engineering judgment;
- Have a positive attitude, be flexible and willing to tackle new areas of work beyond core skill;
- Ability to communicate clearly to other specialists, professionals, and management not from a technology background;
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills with capability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary team;
- Familiarity with CFD wind modelling and software languages such as MATLAB, Python, Visual Basic and SQL an advantage.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://www.bordnaMóna.ie/careers/ for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.