BNM RECYCLING Open to Public competition
Our BNM Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for a Yard Supervisor on a Permanent basis. The role will be based in Portlaoise and reporting to the Area Manager. The successful candidates will be responsible for supervising operations associated with the MSW treatment Plant and yard to improve yard operations efficiency, coordinate the recent uplift in production while meeting all health and safety and environmental requirements.
Job Title: Yard Supervisor
Business Unit: BNM Recycling
Reporting to: Area Manager
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 14th October 2022
Eligibility: Open to Public competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Supervision of processing and yard operatives. Scheduling of work rotas for processing and yard operatives to ensure that logistics, operational and annual leave needs are met. To drive loading shovel and diggers as and when required.
• Management of traffic. Direct incoming waste to the correct tipping areas. Ensuring that all waste streams are processed and managed through correct process to maximise landfill diversion. Ensuring that the yard is always clean and tidy. Reporting on incoming waste and related supporting documentation, e.g. photos and feedback.
• Ensuring that yard operations and waste processing are managed in a manner which reduces processing costs and meets EPA requirements. Ensuring that all team members receive health & safety training and that health & safety requirements are met at all times.
• Planning preventative and scheduled maintenance for plant and equipment. Ensuring that daily check lists are completed and managed for plant and equipment. Co ordinating the maintenance fitter to maintain the plant and shredder to minimise downtime.
• Participate in weekly site management meetings. Be fully engaged in and contribute to cost saving initiatives and projects at the site
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public.
• Act professionally and courteously with all colleagues and members of the public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Relevant licenses and tickets – Forklift, Digger, and other Heavy Machinery
• Manual Handling experience
• Must be flexible to work across other areas, as required
• Eligibility to work in Ireland is required
• Proficiency in the English language required
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered, simply click “Apply” on the job advert
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.