RECYCLING Open to Public competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for an RCV Operative on a Permanent Part Time. The roles will be based in BNM Recycling Silliot Hill and will report to the Depot Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the collection of various waste streams from multiple customer locations across the route network
Job Title: RCV Operative
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Depot Manager
Location: BNM Recycling Silliot Hill
Duration: Permanent Part Time
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 28th February 2023
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Increase service quality and market share in the serviced areas.
• Operative will empty wheelie bins as required by each “run”. Ensure that wheelie bins that are contaminated are not collected. Ensure that wheelie bins that blacklist are not collected. Ensure that wheelie bins are left back in position they were collected from.
• Aid driver in completing commercial wheelie bin collections as necessary. Aid relief driver so he has understanding of route to be followed. Aid the driver in reversing.
• Relevant paperwork to be completed where necessary and clocking in/out on each day of work. Operative will be punctual in terms of route start time.
• Show courtesy to all customers and members of the public at all times as well as work colleagues. Report any difficulties encountered with others to the line manager.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-workers and members of the public using the premises. Maintain all allocated company vehicles and property in a safe, clean and roadworthy condition to ensure the maximum safety of the drivers, occupants and other road users, and to reduce the potential impacts of company vehicles on the environment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 1-2 years Transport/Waste Industry experience
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Manual Handling experience
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.