RECYCLING Open to Public Competition
Our Recycling Business Unit currently has a need for an RCV Driver on a permanent basis. The role will be based in BNM Recycling Silliot Hill and will report to the Operations & Planning Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible to conduct commercial & domestic wheelie bin collections in the Kildare/Carlow/Wicklow service area
Job Title: RCV Driver
Business Unit: Recycling
Reporting to: Operations & Planning Supervisor
Location: BNM Recycling Silliot Hill
HR Contact: Carol Young
Apply on or before: 31st August 2022
Eligibility: Public Competition
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
• Increase service quality and market share in the serviced areas
• The collection of various waste streams from multiple customer locations across the route network. Applicants will possess all relevant cards, CPC and licenses.
• Responsible for operatives while on the run, ensuring work is completed in a safe and professional manner – wheelie bins emptied using good work practices and manual handling techniques, and returned to a safe position / Location in line with AES guidelines on bin positioning.
• Complete route sheets as well as vehicle safety checks on a daily basis. Comply with all company policies and initiatives to ensure safe operation and efficient operation of company vehicles (i.e. fuel efficiency).
• Show courtesy to all customers and members of the public at all times as well as work colleagues. Report any difficulties encountered with others to the line manager.
• All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-workers and members of the public using the premises
• Maintain all allocated company vehicles and property in a safe, clean and roadworthy condition to ensure the maximum safety of the drivers, occupants and other road users, and to reduce the potential impacts of company vehicles on the environment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge, and attributes.
• Minimum 1-2 years Transport/Waste Industry experience
• CE License
• Manual Handling & Safe Pass an advantage
• Good Written and Verbal English essential.
• Must be flexible to work across different work sections within the business.
• Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
• Manual Handling experience
• Experience in the waste industry a distinct advantage
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert.
Bord na Móna is an equal opportunities employer.